2013 Breeders' Cup Betting
In case you haven't heard the news, the 30th running of the Breeders' Cup will be held in Santa Anita once again. This is a popular track for the race, but it's not the only location that has served as a host. The Breeders' Cup Classic is part of the overall Breeders' Cup World Championships. This is a series of horse races that many professionals and fans look forward to every year. For some, it's their most favorite event of the season.
While not as old as some of the other horse races, there is a bit of history to the Breeders' Cup. We're going to go over some of this as well as give you more information to bet on Breeders Cup. The more you know, the better bets you'll be able to place. For one thing, you should know that you can bet online legally now. OTB has come a long way over the years. Keep reading to learn more about 2013 Breeders' Cup betting.
History of the Breeders' Cup
Back in 1982, the Breeders' Cup Limited company was formed. Two years later, they held their first series of races. The races all took place on a single day until 2007 when a second day was added because of the continued popularity of the thoroughbred horse races. Another interesting thing to note is that they have all taken place in the United States, except for 1996 when it took place at the Woodbine Racetrack in Canada.
Betting on the Breeders' Cup
Before you place a bet on Breeders' Cup 2013, you should know the basics of betting on horse races. Here is some of what you need to know.
- Different Types of Bets - Of course, the most basic thing you need to understand is the different types of bets that are available to you. When it comes to horse betting, you can bet on the winner of the race as well as the finishers. You can also bet on more than one horse, picking the top three finishers - a trifecta bet. The more difficult the bet the higher the payout. This is the fun of betting on races like the Breeders' Cup series.
- Odds and Contenders - You'll also want to make sure you stay current with all the latest Breeders' Cup odds as well as the ever-changing list of contenders as the race days draw closer. The thing to remember is that because this information changes, you want to stay on top of your research so you know what you need to know before placing money on a horse.
Online Breeders' Cup Betting
Here are a few of the things you want to consider carefully before you decide to use an OTB website online to place your bets on any of the races in the Breeders' Cup.
- When to Place the Bet - For most professionals who bet on the horses, waiting until you have all the latest information is one of the smartest ways to place a bet. This applies to online Breeders Cup betting as well. You'll want to keep checking the odds and other information up to the day of the race before you decide where to put your money.
- Depositing Your Money - You should deposit funds into your account at the off track betting website you are using before the day of the race. This will ensure that you're ready to place the bets when the race does roll around and you won't have any problems getting your wager in on time.
- Privacy and Security - Another good idea is to only go with a website that guarantees they will protect your privacy and keep your information secure. This is very important. Luckily, quite a few websites exist that can offer this to you. Betting on Breeders' Cup online has never been easier or safer.
Whether you travel to see the race in person or you're going to be watching it on television or listening on the radio, you want to make sure you take the time to learn as much as you can about betting on the ponies before you put your money down.